Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 243: Highest Praise...

Back up to the Homestead last night. Pulled in about 1:30 in the morning.

Angel and I took a walk this afternoon. Had to check out the Ridge. What is evident is the rapid growth of the Scotch Broom. This non-native ornamental escaped people's gardens and is now taking over the West. Choking out the Native Plants. Reducing habitat for small game. Over the last two years, I've watched this plant takeover much of the road I walk.

When Joni took the girls to school this morning, she saw one of our neighbors walking the road wearing one of those old, external frame backpacks. This neighbor decided to start backpacking after reading my piece in the News Review. Evidently it inspired him to dust off that old backpack. That's exactly what I wanted that article to do: get folks outside and enjoying our backyard!


No comments: