Sunday, March 8, 2009

Walk #66: Walk and Wash...

Walk Duration: Thirty Minutes...


Why the photos of the Beatles? I can't upload any photos from my camera, so I thought I'd throw in a few photos of my favorite group. At least here the Beatles are walking!

Dumb idea to celebrate my birthday with such gusto. Even worse timing to do that the night that the clock "Springs Forward". Lack of sleep and pursuit of one of the deadly sins left me feeling less than Stellar at work today.

An easy walk was in order. As I washed my clothes in my Monastic Habitat where I stay when I work, I just flittered about the grounds of the hospital and the surrounding neighborhood. The hospital owns most of the houses here. I'm told close to 70 houses. It is all part of the communal type setting that used to characterise this Adventist Hospital. A way to be more immersed in your religion, cut off from the dreaded temptations of wine, dancing and the consumption of meat.

Springs run through the area. An old stagecoach road leads to it. Flowers are blooming. Spring is here....

I finished reading Ed Abbey's Desert Solitaire...highlighting all the walking references. My treatise on the subject will show up in the next couple of days.

No comments: