Friday, March 13, 2009

Walk #71: A Lazy Day...

Walk Duration: Thirty minutes...

A lazy day. A day to read the books that I ordered from the library. One of the first days I could read on our deck; my dog (who got her first spring time bath today) sitting at my feet. Waiting.

Waiting for our walk, of course. And so we did--through the spring time warmth and burst of life all around us. I'm a fan of being lazy; been practicing it all my life. I can scurry away from any sort of work quite easily. I have no guilt over doing absolutely nothing. As a species we are much too constructive, paving over this and destroying that---and calling it "being productive".

The human project is to learn to be less productive. Make less stuff. Do less. Consume less. Then we will find balance. These are the arguments I make to Joni when she is amazed at my laziness...

No comments: