Monday, March 23, 2009

Walks #78, #79 and #80: Brain Dead and CNN

Walk Duration: 30 minutes each time.

All good things come to an end.

Looks like my prolificness had to end at some time too. The past few days has found me working with some of the most difficult clients I have ever endured. I managed to take a walk everyday, but only for thirty minutes. And I certainly didn't want to.

I walked in Calistoga once and St. Helena twice. Nothing special happened. Or I was just too brain dead to notice. I most certainly had nothing to write about. So I didn't.

After my walks I crawled back to my Monastic Dorm and promptly went to bed. At 7 pm each night.

The news is bad here. One of the Doctors at our close knit hospital died yesterday, along with his spouse and three lovely children, in a plane crash in Montana. Sad. They were loved by many. The CNN trucks were at the hospital today--looking for someone to speak to the memory of this talented man. Many certainly could do that.

3 comments:

Pedersanna said...

That's terrible. Hard to comprehend.

greentangle said...

I've been having computer problems for a few days--even wrote up a brief farewell post to put in on a library computer--so with no internet news I actually put on the one network tv station I still get and think I saw something about that crash. Maybe even that family (or was it a private plane and only that family?) Sorry for the loss anyway.

And welcome to the network. Now I won't feel like the only freak. (As in letting my freak flag fly.)

Allan Stellar said...

Yes, this was a very sad event. I didn't know the doctor and his family. Some of my coworkers did, and they said they were very fine folks.

As for the Nature Network, green...I'm happy to let my freak flag fly with yours!