Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Good Weather Wasted

This has been a wonderful January. And I've done pretty much nothing. Through the years, I've learned that the best way to heal a rib is to do nothing to aggravate it. No lifting. No pushing. No pulling. No stretching. No straining. Best thing to do is to read a book or watch TV.

I don't even walk the dogs. They pull too hard on the leash when they spy a squirrel or pick up the scent of something interesting.

The hardest part about a rib injury is sleeping. The pain wakes you up every couple of hours. There is no way to lie on your side. I don't know if you've ever tried to sleep with a dagger in your ribs.

Still, it is hard to do nothing amongst such great weather. I go outside and enjoy the sun. But right now, my job is to do nothing for three weeks.

We are off to a slow start for this year.

No comments: