Sunday, April 5, 2009

Walk #94: Anchor Steam Snooty...

Walk Duration: One Hour...



It is downright hot here in the Napa Valley.

I went to the library after work, and then had a one hour walk around town. Tourists everywhere. All the galleries were open. Mostly I admired the old buildings, since I've been trying to build my own Post and Beam Addition to my itsy, bitsy cabin--I pay attention to the way we used to build before rote industrialization took away all the art and fun out of home construction. I admire any rock wall that is built plum and straight. I admire how windows are set into stone. And it makes my own work look like it is done by an amateur (which it is).

Hungry, I stop in to "Market" for an AnchorSteam and a burger. Only twenty bucks for this. I sit at the bar and comment (once again) how great the AnchorSteam beer is.

The razor thin, Walmartesque Greeter Restaurant Host says in his best hoity toity, name dropping Napa Valley Snooty drawl: "I'll tell the owners of AnchorSteam next time they are in. They own a second home here in St. Helena and they come here to eat all the time. They will be pleased to hear that."

Darned Trustfunders...

2 comments:

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Twenty bucks for a burger and beer!!? It better be good! Glad you're having great walks and a grand time in the Napa Valley.

Allan Stellar said...

Thanks woods...this is all part of working in the Napa Valley. It takes $$$, which is why I don't live here. The meat for the burger is grass fed organic; the bun is fresh from the bakery next door; the cheese is artisanally produced with a name I can't pronounce; the mayo is homemade. In short, this burger could have been made by my grandmother on their farm in the 30's! And without the horrendous price!