Monday, April 13, 2009

Walks #101 and #102: Beauty!!



I'm still getting my walks in. Yesterday I limped along for half an hour; today I took a bit more time--one hour. The photos above are what I see when I look off my deck. This is the time of the year when it is green here in the Sierra Foothills. Although this is only my first year up here (we've owned the place for two years, but didn't move up until last June), April is fast becoming my favorite month.

Everything is green! Flowers everywhere. The oaks are leafed out.

All this will change. We should be on the tail end of the rainy season. Before too very long, all the grass will turn brown. Dormant. And it will be excessively hot: 110 degrees is not out of the question.

Best to enjoy the perfect weather we are having now...

No comments: