Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 321: AARP

Got home last night around 1:00 am. Took it easy today and just enjoyed the warmth. Tomorrow it is supposed to cool off.

And I got my first contact from AARP. Oh the times, they are a changing. When you hold your first invitation to join AARP--well--that has become a new marker passed on the road of life. More disturbing than looking in the mirror only to find that your beard is more gray (really white) than brown.

A friend of mine told me that she and her husband go to all the AARP events. I'm told that lots of fun is had there and that they have star studded rock bands composed of some pretty influential artists from years gone by. She told me that she was amazed when some loud rock band was playing--only to find a ballroom filled with wrinkled and gray-haired folk dancing.

I'm not ready for that. No way.

However, I do think that nursing homes will be very different places in years to come. No more hymns. No, the Rolling Stones, Jackson Browne and the Beatles will serenade us into the sunset. And the volume will be loud; none of us can hear anymore anyway.

NursingHomeStock.

No comments: