Friday, October 23, 2009

Walk #294: Return to the Homestead...

Drove back across California last night to my home. My legs haven't really recovered from that long stretch of double shifts I worked. They ache. That was just too much time on my feet, in crappy shoes, on a hard floor.

So I took the day off. Hated to do it, but wisdom dictates rest now and then. Not that walking is anything quite so strenuous--but being on your feet for four days in a row is. Gotta rest...

California is turning green. The photo above shows green grass coming to life. On my drive yesterday, it was exciting to see the green emerge. I also came across a herd of tule elk where I have never seen elk before. Magnificent beasts...

I have a week off now. On my list of things to do is to (finally) buy some supportive work shoes. We have also hired a carpenter to help me finish off the last wall that needs to be built, add two exterior doors (and put in a wood stove). I'm just not smart enough to figure out how to do this (and winter is fast approaching). At long last, this Addition we are building just might be usable this winter.

This should be a fun week!

No comments: