Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Walk #300: Wow...


Walk Number Three Hundred! Wow...

Ran into a neighbor on my walk who invited me to a meeting tomorrow night. Seems that the County is getting all the Concowians stirred up by enforcing zoning laws. People who live out here want to have the freedom to do what they want with their property. They certainly don't want any County person to come in and tell them otherwise.

Democracy in action! At issue is the size of lots sold. The County wants them to be 40 acres or greater. Also at issue is a ban on agricultural production. Of course, this is targeted at all the pot growers which comprises the major revenue stream for this area. They also are considering a ban on wood burning stoves.

On the lot size, I'm all for the forty acre ban. Frankly, I think we need a moratorium on land purchases out here (now that I have my three acres).

The meeting with the County Supervisors should be quite interesting, if only to people watch. See what crawls out of the woods...

No comments: