Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 236-240: Changes...

Missed some days there.

The weather turned cold today. The thermometer hasn't even made it up to 68 degrees. Feels like minus 30. We worked on the house a bit yesterday, but mostly, we've been lounging around.

And that piece is in all the news racks in Butte County. Haven't heard much reaction. Old Ed would probably call it a "sitting ovation". I did manage to overhear one person talking about it: They liked it.

And tomorrow I venture forth to the Valley of Napa to start my new job. A new shift. No more getting up early in the morning! Now I shall flitter about the hospital, doing consults and leading a group or two.

So there are changes on the way. I will be away from home a little less, but driving a bit more. And the Appalachian Trail looms in the distance---with perhaps a visit to Barbara Kingsolver's restaurant.

2 comments:

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Good luck with your new job. I hope it suits you well. And pays you even better!

Zeal said...

And no more mornings! I've never trusted those early risers much.