Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day #6: Training Is Over...

Just a short walk with the dog today. My training is over for this trip. Let the cards fall where they will, I've done my best. Time to taper off and rest.

I packed my backpack (seems lighter than when filled with books). Earlier I journeyed to Paradise to buy a few needed items: new nylon pants; a money belt (best to have those while traveling, as I learned from being pick pocketed in Jerusalem); got traveler's checks. I figured out how to make my new headlamp work that Joni gave me for Christmas. Slick thing, it is.

Off to the Napa Valley tomorrow to earn some money. Then we fly...

5 comments:

Ian Woofenden said...

Had three great, long, strenuous hikes today, warming up for Durika. Probably did 12-14 miles and a bunch of vertical. Made a fine walking stick.

Allan, don't bother with travelers checks -- no one _really_ wants them here. Bring cash and your ATM card, which you can use Sunday morning before I find you. There are a couple of banks within walking distance of Los Volcanes. Looking forward to seeing you Sunday about between 11 and 12 at your hotel.

Allan Stellar said...

Ian,

I'm sure it is a finely crafted walking stick. :)

I'm old fashioned. Will I have trouble cashing the traveler's checks? Think I'll bring them along anyway.

See you Sunday...

allan

Ian Woofenden said...

Yes, you will have trouble cashing traveler's checks because the banks won't be open on Sunday and we'll be in the outback the rest of the time. Durika will want cash -- dollars or colones.

Allan Stellar said...

Got it. I'll trade some in for cash before I leave. Dollars. Thanks!

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Have a great trip! Don't forget your camera.