Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Walk #34: The Call of the Wild...

Walk Duration: 45 minutes.


Angel, our dog, just would not behave this walk. Another warm 70 degree F. day. Smells everywhere. Things to roll in. The Robins have been back for a few weeks, but their numbers seem to be down. We stirred up a flock of Wild Turkeys...and Angel gave chase. Instinct.

Something exciting in the air.

I stopped several times to just listen. And smell. And look. I can't put my finger (eyes? ears? nose?) on it, but something seemed different. Something I can't explain. Obviously, the dog's behavior was different. She was wild. Not timid. Certainly not overly concerned about where I was, or that she was misbehaving.

Could it be spring?

2 comments:

troutbirder said...

These were fun walks. You dog looks a lot like Marley of recent book and movie fame!

Allan Stellar said...

Thanks...

Although I haven't seen the movie (nor read the book) my impression is that my dog is a bit like Marley. Nobody told me when we got a Yellow Lab that their puppiness lasts for three years. And she is a puppy. 10 months old. Clumsy. Enthusiastic. Sweet. Sometimes naughty. And a wonderful walking companion....