Saturday, February 21, 2009

Walk #51: Country Boy?

Walk Duration: 45 minutes...

So the walk was after work in Trustfunder Central: St. Helena. Driving down the hill to town I heard a disgusting song: "Country Boy" by Alan Jackson. It's been a downhill slide for songs named "Country Boy" since John Denver sang "Thank God I'm a Country Boy".

The Denver classic was about going back to the land. The new one by Mr. Jackson is about getting a girl, who is walking, into a four wheel drive Pickup Truck:


Excuse me ma'am, I saw you walkin'
I turned around, I'm not a stalker
Where you goin? Maybe I can help ya
My tank is full, and I'd be obliged to take ya

Chorus:
I'm a country boy, I've got a 4 wheel drive
Pile in my bed, I can take ya for a ride
Up city streets, down country roads
I can get ya where you need to go
Cause I'm a country boy
My affections remain with Seventies artists with Granny Glasses (John Denver never should have discovered contacts).

No comments: