Sunday, February 22, 2009

Walk #52: Welcome Ramblers!

Walk Duration: Thirty minutes...

I couldn't figure out why so many folks from the UK keep dropping by. A little sleuth work led to a discovery: This little blog about taking a daily walk, found it's way onto the website of Britain's largest Walking Magazine.

What an honor! Thanks!

Now I know that the good people of Britain created this English language. I hope they will be tolerant of my obvious misuses of the same. My poor spelling. Incorrect grammar. Punctuation Mistakes! Comma splices and clumsy sentence structure. I do know that my High School English Literature Teacher would be proud! And amazed!

Rain here today. Actually, it is more of a deluge. Five inches in the last twenty four hours has made the Napa Valley a treacherous place to be. The roads are flooded. All the little creeks and streams are nearing the tops of their banks. Floods are possible.

So I headed, yet again, down to Trustfunder Central. Been spending way too much time there...but I find walking in torrential floods is best done around people. Safer. Less danger of a tree toppling over on you.

Misery loves human company.

Of course, I forgot to pack my rain slicker (I split my time between working in the Napa Valley and playing at my "off grid" solar mountain home). I ended the walk early as my feet were soggy, my clothes wet--and my disposition anything but sunny.

PS I add photos later when I return to my mountain home....

3 comments:

slowalker said...

Nothing like walking in the rain to cleanse away life's sediment.

Soggily walking along here, too.

Chris
slowalker.com

Mike said...

you deserve your place on our blogroll! keep up the good work!

Allan Stellar said...

Well, gosh, thanks Mike! That made my day! I am pleased to be on your blogroll. And your magazine looks great too! We could use a few more Ramblers here in the United States. I especially admire the UK's right to roam laws. I wish we had something similar...

Cheers!