Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Walk #41: Snow and Possible MuckyMuckness

Walk Duration: One Hour, 35 minutes.


I had to make up for the "15 second walk" yesterday. And I have lots to think about. So I took a long walk with my dog.

Walking is good for that: Thinking. Mulling. Stewing. Pondering. Considering. Contemplating. I consider myself semi-retired. The idea was to move up here and to take things slower. Enjoy life. Work part time in the Bay Area and enjoy this homestead. I love it! It seems to be working out!

But I read an advertisement for a Head Honcho, Mucky Muck hospital administrator job that sounded like a fit. The Ad was looking for something different. Someone who is creative and a risk taker. It sounded like me.

So I applied (although I am way under-qualified).

The past few weeks, I've been answering questions from this local, large hospital. Sending out avante-garde resume's. Writing radical hospitally stuff on applications.

I am now one of two candidates for the job. I have a whole day of interviews coming up the first week of March with this hospital. I'll interview with MD's; Staff; Nurse Managers, CEO's, Vice Presidents and the Director of Nursing.

I wasn't really planning on looking for a MuckyMuck job. My intention was to slow down. Take it easy. This application was just a fluke! I just spouted out some ideas like: "If you want to ruin a hospital, make sure you hire someone with a Masters Degree in Hospital Administration to run it!"

From radical ideas like that, I'm getting a look see to be in a very important position in one of the largest hospitals in northern California.

That is what I mulled over on my walk. Do I want this job? Is the universe leading me to this job (since I have no clue why they are interested in me, and I have no experience?). Should I wear blue jeans to the interview (No!)? Do I cut my hair (Yes!)? Where is my Tweed Jacket with the patches on the elbows?

It does feel good to be asked to interview. And to be one of two candidates they have narrowed it down to. The scary thing is: What if they offer the job to me? I have a good thing going right now.

Yet....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Good luck, whichever way that might be. A fork in the walk?

greentangle