Sunday, February 15, 2009

Walk #45: Wet...


Walk Duration: One hour, ten minutes...

We are in the midst of a big storm. The Sierra is impassable. Climb 1,000 feet above our Homestead and you will find a foot of snow. Six feet expected in the higher elevations.

We are just experiencing some much needed rain. And mud. We have had day after day of it; others are more tolerant of this sticky, cold, goozywoozy wet stuff--I just want to scream! Move to Tuscon!

If I had a woodstove (I don't), I'd sit in front of it and watch the fire; if the Addition was done (it isn't), I'd sit in our family room and look out the two picture windows at the howling elements; If I had a big screen LCD TV (I don't) , I'd sit in front of it with a bowl of popcorn, safe, warm and content.

So instead I took my wet walk, with my wet dog and will now light the oven (which serves as a heater for this cramped cabin) and hope that Joni makes that Apple Crisp she was talking about making. Probably watch the travel channel--hoping to find features on warm, dry desert locations.

No comments: