Friday, August 7, 2009

Green River...

I shall catch up on these walks later. Just a note to state I am in Green River, Utah. I stopped off at Arches National Park and hiked the "Delicate Arch Trail". I also found Ed Abbey's house when he lived in Moab in the 1970's (it is for sale, if anyone is interested).

Tomorrow I'm gonna drive the loneliest highway in the world (highway 50) and attempt to make it back to Napa. Or maybe just Lake Tahoe...

Reports on the walks to follow...complete with photos of my travels across the west. God I love the west!! Hundreds of miles of empty space....

3 comments:

Ian Woofenden said...

8 miles for me yesterday, the last day of the wind electricity workshop I've been teaching. It's been great not to have a rental car on this trip so far. Today that changes. I leave in half an hour for Grand Junction, three flights, and will end up in a rental car in Fryeburg, Maine by about midnight. Maybe I'll put on the pedometer for the day. Tomorrow, my nephew's recumbent bike may take me around an old stomping ground of mine.

Jackijo said...

I grew up in the west in eastern Oregon, Idaho and Utah. Now I live in Arizona. I feel closed in when I go back east or travel through forests where you can only see a few feet in front of you. I love the green beauty of it, but give me the desert anytime (which is not barren by the way when you really learn to see it.)

Ian Woofenden said...

Rode my (short-legged) nephew's recumbent trike in Maine this afternoon, and really enjoyed it (photos on my blog).

14.84 miles
9.4 mph average
31.4 mph max
1:34

Nice to be back in the old stomping grounds, enjoying the scenery. The recumbent was slow up the hills, and 30 is about as fast as I want to take it at this point, as I get used to steering.