Friday, November 6, 2009

Walk #310: Cold Noses...


Dogs aren't dumb. They know who they can rely on.

Angel's first preference for her six a.m. walk is Joni. Seeing that Joni has been with her Mom in San Diego this week, I guess I am the second choice for the early morning walk.

It is dark. We are all sleeping in the cabin when Angel walks up to me and stares. I awaken to see a white, anxious, seventy-five pound dog looking at me from the perspective of about two millimeters from my nose to hers.

"Go away", I moan and roll over.

Dogs who have to pee are persistent. Angel climbs on to my bed and sticks her cold nose on my face; she begins to lick me. She wins.

Out we go...
dark...
raining...
taking her silly time...
sniff...
sniff....
dogs like rain...
plod....
plod...
sniff....
sniff...
sleepy...
the dog is happy....
the owner of the dog isn't.

And Joni does this every morning without whining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I may not whine much out loud - after all, I love Angel - but if i were blogging on the topic of those early morning walks, it would read much the same....has anyone successfully taught their dog to use the toilet?? tips would be greatly appreciated!

Joni