Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 102: Move to Tuscon?

Another three inches of rain over the last day or two. Still cold.

This made me look up the weather in Tuscon, Arizona. 80 degrees. Sunny. Which prompted me to comment to Joni that I'm tempted to just hop in the car and drive there. As in now. ASAP! Like the little Gnome in the Travelocity commercial: "I gotta get out of here".

And then the sun came out.

Respite for just a brief amount of time. I took advantage of this reprieve from the rain and put on my soggy boots; slogged through a walk with Angel. All the while, dreaming of someday escaping the mind numbing rainy season of northern California in order to enjoy the winter warmth and sun of Tuscon.

2 comments:

Jackijo said...

It's been almost 90 here in Phoenix which is just a few short miles north of Tucson. I would trade you a day of rain for the weather here. I dream of dark skies and rainy days. I would love to wrap up in a warm blanket, sit next to a blazing fire, drink hot tea and lose myself in a book.

However, I have to content myself with brewing homemade rootbeer out in the sun and sitting in my backyard when it cools off in the evenings.

Allan Stellar said...

Jackijo,

Too bad we can't trade... I could use some sun right now.

allan