Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 96: Just Sittin' There...

Still struggling with the Monster Bug, I went to a quiet place after work to sit and enjoy the solitude of a vineyard. I went just to unwind. Reflect. Let the Outdoors heal me.

A Nurse friend got fired today. This hospital certainly has no problem with terminating someone. Psychiatric Nurses tend to be an odd breed. They tend to be a bit on the irreverent and anti-authoritarian side of the ledger. They also tend to get fired at the hospital I work at. Seven Nurses fired in the last year--many had been there five years or more.

So does this stop me from rabble rousing a bit given the loss of my housing? Nope. I carried the fight through channels today. One by one going up the ladder. The Director of Human Resources has promised to "look into the situation" and to "get back to you". Sounds like a blow off.

My position: Create a Hostel for the three to five Nurses who daily use temporary Hospital housing. The hospital has the empty houses. Seems like a good PR move for them. We shall see.

Onward!

2 comments:

greentangle said...

Sorry about this hassle. I guess I don't really understand the "outpatient residence" concept but it sucks that they do stuff like this to employees. Getting fired seems like a badge of honor from companies like that (at least that's how I feel about my badges).

Allan Stellar said...

Green,

For now it seems that I still have a place to crash. And if they do close down the place where I sleep, the Security Department promises to find a place for me to pitch my tent...