Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 114: Registration....

A quick walk along the Ridge with Angel this morning. Then I drove down to Chico to register for the Chico FlatFlower 30 mile Bike Ride....



I have no problem setting my sights a bit lower. I originally had planned on doing the WildFlower Century. Then I decided that maybe I should do the MildFlower 65. Then I got sick, didn't train, got lazy and I haven't been on my bike since February.

So a couple of my peers from work decided we would do the FlatFlower 30. As the sign says above: No Hills! I'm hoping there will be a bar along the course that we can duck into. It is always more fun to combine your vices with your virtues....

3 comments:

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Sounds like a nice ride, Allan. We don't always have to turn our outdoor activities into endurance contests, despite the attitudes promoted by publications like Outside and Backpacker magazines. Have fun!

lph said...

Allan,

And most importantly, you had a good time and enjoyed the ride.

Near Madison we have a rail trail that runs from Verona to Governor Dodge State Park. About 10 miles south of Madison lies the Riley Tavern. Every spring we ride the bike to the Riley, listen to some local blue grass, sip some cocktails, and then maneuver our way back to Madison. Always a good day.

I hope the ride went well!

Larry

Allan Stellar said...

Thanks all....

We all had fun on the ride (see the next post), but alas, the bars were closed at 7:30 am on a Sunday morning. What is this world coming too?