Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Walk #6: Bright Sunshiney Day...

With the thermometer reading 48 degrees F, Angel and I again headed out. It takes me a little over an hour to walk this new Loop. That provides time for stopping to look at this and that; rest now and then; ask deep questions (like what am I gonna have for dinner?); admire the view and monitor my heart rate. Fun!

Angel runs along untethered. Lucky dog. She minds quite well. Always keeps an eye on me. Watches me. Makes sure I don't do anything too terribly stupid or rash.

I do bring a leash along. Plus my hiking stick.


We walk along the edge of this ridge. The ridge sits like a peninsula. Canyons all around it. Mountains rise ever larger to the east. To the west, at one place, you can see the Sacramento Valley. This Valley is flooded this time of the year. Rice paddies starting. Beyond the Valley you can see the Coastal Ranges (but not in this photo)...

How was your walk today?

No comments: