Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Walk #244: An Impromptu Trip...

Got a call this afternoon, asking me to substitute for our Utilization Review Nurse (who broke her arm). Always a hound for some extra cash (trying to keep the creditors and lawyers at bay), I snatched up the extra hours.

So I hopped in my new Yaris (after Joni came home from work) and drove to the Napa Valley. Stopped to stretch my legs in Middleton and Calistoga. Middleton is one of the loveliest towns in America, I think. If this town was located on the other side of the mountain, in the Napa Valley, it would be "the next big thing". Being that it isn't, it remains beautiful, without the snootiness of the Yuppified Napa Valley.

I also took a brief walk about the grounds of the hospital too, after throwing some laundry into the washer.

I will be in the Napa Valley (in the ascetic Monastic Dorm) for eight days. Tis a long time to be away from the girls, the pup, rabbits, chickens, cat and the homestead.

Duty calls.

1 comment:

Ian Woofenden said...

Rode with F. to her meeting and then did the valley loop. Stopped to put up thank-you notices for Nora, picked blackberries in the valley, and visited with Doug and then Juby on the road, riding home after dark. Island socializing...

9.97 miles
1:06
9.02 mph average
27.60 mph max