Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Walk #272: Early Morning Commotion...


We are up early. Joni dresses for work. The kids get ready for school. I pack the car, coffee in hand. In goes clothes, suitcase, books, backpack, walking stick, camera, CD's, toiletries, a pillow and sleeping bags.

The girls leave.

I take one last walk with Angel on this cool morning. Just like that, Fall is here. Got down to 50 degrees last night, which made the place feel like the Tundra. After four months of excessive heat, a twenty degree temperature drop at night feels like Siberia.

I tell Angel this is our last walk for a week. Does she understand? I feel sad.

Now. Off to Napa. 165 miles down the mountain, across the Sacramento Valley, over a couple of mountain ranges to the hospital that provides for our daily needs. I have a bunch of shifts lined up. A few doubles. I will be back home in a week.

1 comment:

Ian Woofenden said...

Rode to deliver magazines for the solar tour coming up on Saturday. Got invited in for a glass of wine and pleasant conversation. Rode to the next stop and home in the dark, but I was prepared, with my blinking tail light and my headlamp.

9.13 miles
45:37
12.01 mph average
31.05 mph max