Friday, September 11, 2009

Walk #253: Getting Ready For Mud...

103 degrees Fahrenheit today.

We are getting ready to plaster the house tomorrow. We should have anywhere from 2 to 15 people showing up. We spent the day planning and getting ready for the event. We figured out work stations. Cleaned the cabin. Set up chairs. Bought food for a celebratory barbecue. Got stuff for snacks. Bought beer and wine. Cleaned out ice chests. Got some sand delivered. We hope to put the first (of three) layers of mud on the Addition.

And it is supposed to be hot.

Angel and I took a walk towards evening. The short Lollipop yet again. It continues to be tinder dry here. In the photo above, Angel drinks after the walk. Her coat blends into the dry, dry grass that sits dormant.

The Earth needs a drink as much as Angel does.

2 comments:

Ian Woofenden said...

Big riding day for me today. Ended up doing about 65 miles (actually closer to 70, with my odometer error) today, riding to and from the Highland Communications hog roast. I cut 8 miles of riding off by taking the bus the long way from March Point to Mount Vernon -- didn't save any time, just my energy. Once going, my bod will churn out the miles, and biking in the river valley and flats is easy compared to the island. My outbound average included one flat tire, and walking to a hardware store for a tube (after my repair effort failed) and to a gas station for air (after my pump really wasn't up to the job).

64.43 miles
5:32
11.62 mph average
30.42 mph max


Math question:

If my outbound mileage was 27.85 and my outbound average mph was 10.41

and...

my total trip mileage was 64.43 and my total trip average mph was 11.62...

what was my inbound average mph?

Please show your work. ;-)

Allan Stellar said...

64.43 minus 27.85 errr...bother...