Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Walk #160: Looking for Trouble...

Three walks today--all with my dog. It was one of those days where errands had to be run. Unlike Ian, who writes his adventures in the comments section, I used my car. I am inspired by Ian's bike errands, but for me, there is about 1500 feet of elevation gained and lost, to do the same. Plus I'm not as adventurous as he is at turning my bike into a Peterbilt.

Maybe when I get into better shape?

In between errands, I walked the dog.

The last walk had a mission. Some local kids were doing what every local kid should do: traipsing through the woods and exploring every nook and cranny of said woods. It was reported by these kids that one of the properties on the ridge had some suspicious building activity: A hole dug in the ground with a small structure with some cooking equipment in it; sounds like a methamphetamine lab.

I walked over to one of my ridge friends to tell him to keep an eye on that particular property. I also went and visited the place. A menacing sign:


I'm brave, but not that brave.

I decided not to poke around the five dilapidated travel trailers, nor the other ramshackle structures, nor the six pickup trucks (all in disrepair) countable from the road. I will continue to keep an eye on the place. As will two other neighbors. I think I will pay them a friendly visit...

Methamphetamine is a problem in Concow. It also has been a problem on this ridge, although most of the meth freaks have been chased out.

While at my friend's place he showed me his fancy solar hot water system. He even makes his coffee out of this water. "I don't know why everybody doesn't do this", he said. " I have plenty of hot water eight months out of the year by doing this--all for free".


My friend's hot water system

2 comments:

greentangle said...

Signs stuck up on trees annoy me more than any other signs. Looks like there's gonna be more chasing out to be done.

Allan Stellar said...

Signs stuck on anything bug me. But espically trees. And yes, the chase has begun. :)