Monday, June 22, 2009

Walk #172: A Family Walk...

Nice to have Joni and the girls along with me tonight. They joined me after I returned from the Napa Valley--having successfully put a few extra shifts together.

The sad thing is that I'm not sure how many of these walks we will continue to have as a Family--as the girls may return to their Father soon (after living with us for five years). A deeply personal story to be determined by a Robed Stranger.

But really, isn't that what life is like? One never knows what will happen when you walk out the door in the morning. There is always the possibility of being hit by a meteor, a traffic accident or (at my age) a disastrous cardiac event.

All things are fragile. Change is a law. Life is as much dependent upon dumb luck as serious planning. Sooner or later, we all have our own personal Armageddon.

A memory of a walk with a Loved One is something to cherish. Relish. Savor. Be present with those who are Presents to you. Even if it is for a few years, a month, a week or an afternoon stroll. Be present.

4 comments:

lph said...

Allan,

Trust in Goodness.

Good Luck!

Ian Woofenden said...

I'm sending positivity towards your family, Allan, and wondering if there's anything we can do. Do robed strangers listen to personal recommendations?

Rode my rental bike 16 miles yesterday, and then took a van shuttle, three airplanes, and a car to get from Amherst, Wisconsin to Paonia, Colorado. Details and photos on my blog.

Allan Stellar said...

Thanks Larry and Ian,

Robed Strangers listen to lawyers. Thanks! :)

It is an Interesting case: Rights of the Father vs. What is best for the Children. We shall see. The Judge needs to decide if children are automatic property of biological parents, or are other factors more important (current attachments, performance in school, child preferences, etc.). My hunch is that the children will go to Grand Junction. Yes, Grand Junction...spooky huh?

Ian, you are hanging out in my old stomping grounds. Joni and I used to live in Grand Junction (where we met) before I dragged her off to California. Paonia is such a cool town.

Are you gonna do some bike riding in Moab? That is just a short distance from you (by western standards).

allan

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

I'm sorry to learn, Allan, that a shadow may soon fall across your amiable family life. As you said, things are fragile. Treasure each moment. My heart goes out to you.