Thursday, June 18, 2009

Walk #168: A Sweaty Old Fart...

If a person were to meet me on this later evening walk, they might be a bit frightened. Sweaty. Certainly in need of a hot shower. Clothes torn. An old Beatles T-shirt that is left over from skinnier times. Yes, if someone was to meet this Walking Buffoon, they would think that I didn't have a home, job, career, education or a clue. They would probably give me a wide berth; move to the other side of the road.

After a day of working on the house, Kylie and Jazmine actually wanted to go for a walk with me. Jazmine wanted to ride her bike. Kylie walked beside me, talking incessantly about the fifth Harry Potter book she is reading right now. Getting dark, they didn't want to turn around. Moments such as these need to be savored just like these long, long evenings just prior to the Summer Solstice.

Even if I look like a sweaty, homeless, old Fart.

No comments: